Archive for April, 2004
Today we live in the tumultuous time, where the world is plagued with wars,
famine, floods, earthquakes and other horrible events. Will this continue to
get worse or is there a hope. We are approaching the nadir
of hopelessness, but there is hope for better future.
There are many hadiths that point directly to the conditions around us,
- Christians dominate the world up to Khaiber (near Madinah), and they will pursue Muslims with 80 flags, with 12,000 men under each flag.
- Abu Nadhrah says: “We were sitting in the company of Jabir bin Abdullah (R.A.) when he said: ‘Soon the people of IRAQ will neither receive any food (grain) nor any money.’” We asked, “Why would such a thing happen?” He replied, “Because of the non-Arabs.” (i.e they will prevent food from going into Iraq, in the form of “sanctions” to this day.) He then said: “Soon the people of Shaam (SYRIA) will neither receive any money nor grain.” We asked as to why this would happen. He replied: “Because of the Romans (christians).”
- Shepherds will compete in the construction of tall buildings.
- People will indulge in homosexuality.
- There will be an abundance of illegitimate children.
- There will be an abundance of critics, tale-carriers, back- biters and taunters in society.
- When untrustworthy people will be regarded as trustworthy and the trustworthy will be regarded as untrustworthy.
- When it will be hot in winter (and vice versa).
- When the length of days is stretched, i.e. a journey of a few days is covered in a matter of hours.
- When orators and lecturers lie openly.
- When women with children come displeased on account of them bearing offspring, and barren women remain happy on account of having no responsibility of offspring.
- When people blatantly follow their passions and whims.
- When lies prevail over the truth.
- When violence, bloodshed and anarchy become common.
DAJJAL-THE ANTI CHRIST
Ahadith about Dajjal and Portents of the Hour
End Of The World
Islam and Eschatology
Last Hour Hadiths
The Holy Quran, 13:2-3
It is God who raised the heavens without any supports that you can see, and
is firmly established on the throne (of authority). He has subjected the
sun and the moon (to His law). Each one runs (its course) for a term
appointed. He governs all that exists. Clearly does he explain these Signs
in detail that you may believe with certainty in the meeting with your Lord.
And it is He who spread out the earth and placed on it firm mountains and
running waters, and created two sexes of every [kind of] plant. He draws
the Night as a veil over the Day. Verily, in these things there are Signs
for those who think.
Here are a few things to keep in mind.
- Most robots are available as building kits or preassembled.
- Robot kits are a little too expensive for child’s play, not to mention dangerous once you start soldering.
- If you buy a kit, you’ll learn a lot about how to assemble and program a robot.
Now, onto the kits.
- Robot Olympics
- BugBrain 3.0.2, aka BugBrain with BasicX microprocessor kit ($169)
Construct a PC-programmable insect that walks, chirps, and interacts with its environment.
- Extreme Hexapod 2 Walking Robot ($375)
Extreme Hexapod 2 Combo Kit for RC ($468.68)
Create a six-legged creature you control like an RC car. It moves front and back, left and right. Just remember to print the assembly instructions while you’re online. You won’t find printed instructions with your kit.
- Cybug Scarab Artificial Lifeform Kit ($49.95)
This robotic scarab uses touch and light sensors to move around. The price looks right, but you may be tempted to buy certain add-ons, such as a $59.95 sunflower-shaped feeding station where your creature can recharge, to enhance the experience. Also, brush up on your soldering skills before it arrives.
- OctoBot Survivor Robot Kit ($189.95)
If you like soldering and painting, step up to this shell-shocked bot. Paint the preprogrammed pod, plug in its recharge station, and watch it go. When your new little friend gets tired and hungry (i.e. when it starts running low on juice), it’ll seek out its feeding station and recharge.
- Trekker Sumo and Line Following Robot ($269)
This little guy definitely doesn’t reach sumo proportions. However, it does stay within the bounds of its black wrestling ring unless it’s pushed out. Sensors watch the ground to detect the difference between the black of the ring and the white of the ring perimeter. You can also train it to follow a certain color and walk a line.